Well, MUNA weekend is approaching fast and I wish to take a little time to advise those participating in MUNA what you will need to bring and an outline for the weekend and a couple of rules.
1. You are required to participate dressed in a costume/national dress etc. of the country you are representing. Discuss with your nominated Rotary Club for assistance if you require. For the weekend you will be required to bring “your favourite pillow, sleeping bag or a MUNA DUNA (doona)”, together with toiletries and clothing.
2. Mobile phones are permitted but will have to be turned off during certain times. We also encourage laptop computers with any research that you may have done on your nominated country and the resolutions.
3. The weekend starts at 7.00pm on the Friday at Rotary’s Camp Getaway in Axedale, consult with your nominated Rotary Club regarding transport to the event. It is your sponsor club’s responsibility to transport you to and from the event and most clubs elect to take the bus option for getting there which is also very popular as it results in most students meeting before they arrive. On arrival you will be provided with a meal and we will provide introductions and a briefing on the format for the weekend.
4. Saturday night we will provide entertainment, so lets be casual.
5. We anticipate that MUNA will finish approximately 3.00pm on the Sunday and on that day we encourage both Rotarians and families to come and watch MUNA in action.
6. Contact your nominated Rotary Club regarding collection from the event should your family not wish to come and view MUNA and collect you.
7. All meals, etc. will be provided over the weekend and should you have any special dietary needs please email me and advise what you can and cannot eat
Rotary District 9800
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Mobile – 0414 673611